#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82603 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:26 PM

This thread is for reports of all travel before the starting point of the Fest on Wednesday, July 15th. Participants will begin the official part of the journey in either New York or Philadelphia.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 amtrakwolverine

amtrakwolverine

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Riding trains, railfaining, small engines, guitars

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:07 AM

Currently in Sioux lookout Ontario 11 hours late.

#3 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:08 PM

I am currently sitting in the Orlando station waiting for the Silver Meteor. I am planning to have lunch with Dick, who already boarded.

#4 amtrakwolverine

amtrakwolverine

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:38 PM

Now arrived in Edmonton Alberta 12 hours late. Didn't help the train departed Toronto 6 hours late at 4am instead of 10pm due to the incoming equipment delayed due to traffic.

#5 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:21 PM

We are in South Carolina now, and are making our way north very nicely. As the rate we are going, we should arrive in PHL on time, if not early.

#6 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82603 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:59 AM

The 7 people kicking off the Fest are all accounted for.   Florida contingent (Penny and Dick) got into Philly with plenty of time to make their connection.  Jishnu and Alan started out from New York on the Pennsylvanian.  I had a horrible drive down to Cherry Hill filled with traffic jams and heavy rain. Bill came out and met me on the Cherry Hill platform, and waited with me for the NJT train, which was 10 minutes late.  Once I got to Philadelphia, Grace was also in the Club Acela. Chris joined us later. A few of us went to get lunch and pick up some goodies for the train. We were then taken down to the platform for the Pennsylvanian by a Redcap well in advance of the cattle line.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#7 amtrakwolverine

amtrakwolverine

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:39 PM

Arrived at kamloops north 11 hours late. Eta into Vancouver was 6pm but then we were delayed again by a broken down freight with a broken coupler.

#8 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:48 PM

Tolerating the last two days of Summer school before the fest. Laptop stopped working so now buying a new one. Recalcitrant students have already gotten first warning from myself and the summer school coordinator. Next issue they get sent home. For good. So I should be good to go for Friday with a couple of movies lined up.

#9 amtrakwolverine

amtrakwolverine

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:37 PM

Arrived in Vancouver 10 hours late. They split the train in 2 so it wouldn't be so long of a walk.

#10 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5368 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Rail, Aviation, Sports

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:44 AM

I'm on my way! Left home this morning at 6am (like old times).  Home to airside at PHL was 35 minutes.  Now onboard US Airways 407 (an A321) rip-roaring toward Chicago at 510mph, 32,000 feet over Pittsburgh.  We're going to go south of some nasty weather in Indiana, then swing up over Lake Michigan, and should be on the ground at O'Hare in a little under an hour.  Got upgraded to F, so it's all good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users