Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PNW RailFest 2010 LITE trip report now available
KevinKorell
post Jul 13 2011, 09:52 PM
Post #1

Board Leader

Group: Sr. Admin
Member No.: 2

As we prepare for this summer's big RailFest in the Southeast, it's time to remember the past as well. The trip report for last July's big Fest in Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver is now available online. You can re-live our trip, or travel vicariously with us if you could not make it. The fun begins right here. About 40 photos accompany the report as well. As always your comments are appreciated! smile.gif

--------------------

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Howell, NJ
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GG-1
post Jul 15 2011, 01:40 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 365

Aloha Kevin et All

I see that you either did not know or forgot how Evan startled, Scared, me on our entrance into Canada. What she did, was to politely ask the Canadian agent if she could ask a question. The Agent said yes. Evan then Asked why the Canadian Flag was lower than the American Flag. Apparently she learned the Flag protocol from the Olympics. What scared me was that Agent got so flustered about not knowing how the flags should be displayed and an 8.5 year old knew how. BTW in Canada the Canadian Flag should be higher.

Wish we were going to be with you but please enjoy SERF. And in honor of my 67th birthday on the 21st someone have Strawberry Short cake, I'll have one here.
Eric

This post has been edited by KevinKorell: Jul 15 2011, 12:30 PM
+Quote Post
KevinKorell
post Jul 15 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #3

Board Leader

Group: Sr. Admin
Member No.: 2

I wasn't aware of that flag incident. But it does show how intelligent Evan is for her age!

--------------------

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Howell, NJ
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 03:23 AM