- Our Saturday dinner will be at 30th Street Station, not at the airport. Most eateries at the airport are beyond the security checkpoints. I deleted the airport food court from my food page.
- We will take an evening R1 round trip to the airport anyway, but I have called it a "Moonlight Exursion" since it definitely will be after dark. This will be entirely optional; those who don't want to do it can leave us at 30th Street Station.
- For anyone who wishes to stay near the airport, a Marriott on the airport property is adjacent to the Terminal B stop on the SEPTA R1 Airport line. Very convenient.
- Many of us from out of town will be staying in Center City, and we're working on the most suitable location. As always, everyone is free to stay wherever they wish.
- Some might prefer eating at the Reading Terminal Market rather than the Gallery food courts. I have added a list of restaurants and food stands to my food page.
However, I have been leaning towards just going with my "Alternative B" itinerary, even if SNJLRT is going to open soon. The reason is that my all-SEPTA option offers a lot more rail riding, with more variety of modes. It also gives me a place to leave my luggage on Saturday and means I don't have to pay to park in Trenton. The thinking here is that SNJLRT, or whatever it's called after tomorrow, might make a better Fest activity in the warmer months, when the RiverLink ferry is running between Camden and Philadelphia. That would eliminate our doubling back to Walter Rand TC to catch PATCO over the bridge.
But I would like to leave this up to the majority of those who will be involved. If you are participating in the Fest, would you rather ride the SNJLRT together (in one direction), or remain closer to Philadelphia and do other things (such as the 10 trolley line Overbrook-Center City and the 102 Sharon Hill trolley) ??
Stay tuned.... Updates in the near future will be posted here.