Amtrak Continues to Offer Acela Express/Regional Service on the Northeast Corridor February 11
February 10, 2010
8:00 pm ET
Washington - Despite continued severe winter weather in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast, the Northeast Corridor remains open and Amtrak will operate Acela Express and Northeast Regional service between Boston, New York and Washington on Thursday, February 11 to correspond with passenger demand.
The recent wave of severe weather has also resulted in downed trees and power lines on portions of CSX freight railroad tracks south of Washington, requiring continued service cancelations in Virginia, and the Carolinas.
The following service adjustments have been made for Thursday, February 11:
- Trains 2103, 2107, 2151, 2155, 2117, 2121, 2165, 2167, 2119, 2171, 2173, 2193, 2109, 2153, 2190, 2150, 2100, 2154, 2104, 2160, 2110, 2166, 2170, 2122, 2124 and 2126 are canceled
- Trains 2168 and 2172 are canceled Boston to New York, but will operate New York to Washington Northeast Regionals
- Trains 151, 181, 125, 85, 127, 193, 187, 110, 130, 86, 84, 186, 196, 188, 183, 129 and 141 are all canceled
- Train 173 canceled Boston to New York, but will operate New York to Washington
- Trains 67, 95, 67, 94 and 66 are all canceled south of Washington
- Train 93 canceled Boston to New York, but will operate New York to Washington, will not travel south of Washington
- Train 190 canceled Washington to New York, but will operate New York to Boston
All Northeast Regional service south of Washington to Richmond and Newport News is canceled.
Northeast Regional train 176 will operate Lynchburg to Washington and onto Boston and train 171 will operate through to Lynchburg.
- Will operate Trains 641, 655, 644 and 656 only.
Empire Service: Limited service is available between Niagara Falls, Albany and New York.
The following services are canceled in their entirety with no alternate transportation:
Capitol Limited: Trains 29 and 30 (Washington, D.C. Chicago); Auto Train: Trains 52 and 53 (Lorton, Va. Sanford, Fla.); Palmetto: Trains 89 and 90 (New York Savannah). The following are offering service along a portion of their normal routes:
Silver Service: Trains 97 and 98 will operate between Miami and Savannah only. Trains 91 and 92 will operate between Miami and Raleigh only.
Carolinian: Trains 79 and 80 will operate between Raleigh and Charlotte only.
Cardinal Service: Trains 50 and 51 will operate between Huntington, WV, and Chicago only.
All other Amtrak services, including the Piedmont, trains 73 and 74 (Raleigh-Charlotte) and the Crescent, trains 19 and 20 (New York-New Orleans) are expected to operate normally.
Amtrak regrets any inconvenience. This information is correct as of the above time and date. Information is subject to change as conditions warrant. Passengers are encouraged to call 800-USA-RAIL or visit http://www.Amtrak.com/
for schedule information and train status updates.