Freighthouse Square Train Event (Tacoma, WA)
May 14-15, 2011. 11am-4pm
Hosted by Sound Transit, Tacoma Northwestern Model Railroad Club, Freighthouse Square and Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad.
Train fans, come and join us May 14th and 15th:
You won't want to miss a weekend of train-related events in Tacoma! From special tours of one of our modern Sounder trains to excursions on a restored vintage steam engine train to model train layouts, there's something fun planned for the whole family.
Join us at Freighthouse Square both Saturday and Sunday for these FREE fun activities:
* Tour a Sounder train, including a cab car
* Meet Sound Transit mascot Zap Gridlock and win prizes
* Enjoy live Dixieland music (11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.)
* Learn about current Sound Transit train and bus service, as well as plans to extend the Sounder line to South Tacoma and Lakewood with service scheduled to begin in 2012.
Other events to choo-choo-choose from:
* Tacoma Northwestern Model Railroad Club Show and Swap Meet ($5 admission)
* Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad steam train rides ($10-$50)
* Freighthouse Square's Second Saturday Spectacular with guest vendors, artisans, crafters and more (free)
The Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad will operate steam rides on Saturday and Sunday, and on Sunday, an one way trip from Tacoma to Eatonville (bus trip return).