Jul 16 2011, 04:44 PM
Post reports from our journey on Train #19(17), the Crescent, from Northeastern cities to Atlanta in this thread.
Jul 17 2011, 01:46 PM
I'm in the Club Acela in Philly. So far #19(17) has departed New York on time with 4 of our members aboard, and Newark on time with one more. I'm next at 3:55 PM! Perfect start -- hope it remains that way!
Jul 17 2011, 08:29 PM
Unfortunately I had to drive from Nashville, but it is less than 250 miles. There were major delays in Chattanooga. Sat on I-24 for an hour. Could have been worse I guess. It took me about four hours. I am 8 miles from North Springs MARTA. See you guys in 13 hours or so!
Jul 18 2011, 08:17 AM
Our first trip on the Crescent was picture perfect. We remained on or very close to schedule the entire way down. Arrival in Atlanta was 7:50 AM, 23 minutes early! Let's hope the rest of our trips go that well. We had great attendants, and the dining car staff was good too. They accommodated 9 of us for dinner, starting a little before the 6:30 PM departure from Washington, DC.
The gang has split up to check-in or store luggage at hotels. We will then meet before 11 AM and begin our MARTA riding.
Jul 18 2011, 08:24 PM
Trip record for the Crescent, Train #19 of July 17:
* Train 19 of 07/17/2011.
* +---------------- Station code
* | +----------- Schedule Arrival Day
* | | +-------- Schedule Arrival time
* | | | +----- Schedule Departure Day
* | | | | +-- Schedule Departure Time
* | | | | | +------------- Actual Arrival Time
* | | | | | | +------- Actual Departure Time
* | | | | | | | +- Comments
* V V V V V V V V
* NYP * * 1 215P * 215P Departed: on time.
* NWK * * 1 237P * 237P Departed: on time.
* TRE * * 1 318P * 319P Departed: 1 minute late.
* PHL * * 1 355P * 355P Departed: on time.
* WIL * * 1 419P * 420P Departed: 1 minute late.
* BAL * * 1 517P * 518P Departed: 1 minute late.
* WAS 1 600P 1 630P 550P 630P Departed: on time.
* ALX * * 1 649P * 650P Departed: 1 minute late.
* MSS * * 1 722P * 725P Departed: 3 minutes late.
* CLP * * 1 755P * 755P Departed: on time.
* CVS * * 1 852P * 853P Departed: 1 minute late.
* LYH 1 1000P 1 1006P 959P 1006P Departed: on time.
* DAN * * 1 1114P * 1115P Departed: 1 minute late.
* GRO 2 1215A 2 1222A 1206A 1222A Departed: on time.
* HPT * * 2 1239A * 1240A Departed: 1 minute late.
* SAL * * 2 117A * 117A Departed: on time.
* CLT 2 220A 2 245A 202A 245A Departed: on time.
+ GAS * * 2 312A
* SPB * * 2 414A * 414A Departed: on time.
* GRV 2 454A 2 501A 450A 501A Departed: on time.
* CSN * * 2 539A * 541A Departed: 2 minutes late.
TCA * * 2 615A
* GNS * * 2 658A * 658A Departed: on time.
* ATL 2 813A 2 838A 750A 838A Departed: on time.
* ATN * * 2 1000A * 1006A Departed: 6 minutes late.
* BHM 2 1150A 2 1208P 1140A 1208P Departed: on time.
* TCL * * 2 107P * 118P Departed: 11 minutes late.
* MEI 2 258P 2 304P 314P 324P Departed: 20 minutes late.
* LAU * * 2 401P * 424P Departed: 23 minutes late.
* HBG * * 2 438P * 501P Departed: 23 minutes late.
* PIC * * 2 542P * 614P Departed: 32 minutes late.
* SDL * * 2 607P * 640P Departed: 33 minutes late.
* NOL 2 732P * * 754P * Arrived: 22 minutes late.
Jul 18 2011, 09:34 PM
Gee what happened to our train after we left it? It stayed on schedule (coming into ATL early with padding) with our large group and lost time with a lighter load.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here