June 2012 Meeting Details
CAPT Board Meeting
June 16, 2012
The Carolinas Association for Passenger Trains will meet in Columbia at the main Richland County Public Library downtown on Saturday, June 16th. The board meeting will be in the Bank of America Conference Room on the first level. Parking in the library's visitor lot at the rear of the building is very limited so it is advisable to park on the streets in front of the building (Assembly Street), or on the side street (Hampton Street), or the street to the rear of the building (Park Street). Parking on Saturdays is free at the meters so you don't have to worry about getting a ticket. The library's address is 1431 Assembly Street and the phone number is 803-799-9084.
The meeting room is reserved from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. For those who would like to get together to eat, meet outside the library between 11:00 and 11:30 a.m. The group will walk to a nearby eatery for lunch.
The meeting will get underway at 1:00 p.m.
CAPT Board Meeting Agenda
* Secretary's report
* Treasurer's report
* Proposal by retired Amtrak Agent Earl Eargle to provide more funding and exposure for CAPT
* Update on legislation in North Carolina and South Carolina affecting transit and rail passenger funding
* Update on the resolution drive in South Carolina in support of expanded rail passenger service
* Update on recent push by a Central Midlands coalition for a Columbia-Charlotte connection to the high speed rail network
* Discussion of ways to distribute the new CAPT brochure featuring maps of present and possible future rail passenger service
* Update on CAPT newsletter and website issues
* Amtrak update
* North Carolina transit update
* Reports by Officers and Directors
* Planning for future meetings