Just a few thoughts as we enter post-Fest mode:
- Don't expect much of a report until September at the earliest. I have another trip report to write first before I get to the Toronto Fest.
- Your help can make the report come sooner. If any of you would like to volunteer to write about portions of our Fest (such as a particular trip like the various Amtrak trips together on 281, 63, & 64, the three GO TRANSIT runs, or the streetcars), it would make life easier for me. Or if you want to write about unique portions of your time in Toronto (like those after-dinner runs we took each day....I know some of you continued to ride after dark, even as Michael and I had retired in our hotel room for the night!), your mini-reports can be incorporated into the text of the trip report, much as was done with Jack Suslak's interpretation of the portions of last November's Boston Mini-Fest in which he was involved. Please let me know which part of the Fest you will be writing about so it is not duplicated.
- I did bug the guys on the train all the way from Toronto to Albany for information about who was where and when, so hopefully I can piece things together without bothering you much more.
- Furthermore, those who traveled alone or in smaller groups of which I was not a part can write about those trips as well. Steve will do a report on his long-distance trips on the THREE RIVERS, CANADIAN, and EMPIRE BUILDER. John can write about his trip on the Empire Corridor up to Albany ahead of the Fest group as well as his ride on VIA's Corridor service, and the group of four that remained aboard the MAPLE LEAF when Michael and I got off in Albany can fill in the gaps for me there.
- By this weekend I will have changed the website's homepage to past tense.
- I know I thanked you all for coming, and I meant that --- it's the willingness of each and every one of you to take time away from your families and summer activities to go ride trains to, through, and from a new place that made this Fest yet another success!!